There has been a great buzz surrounding the Marketplace simply because many repute ecommerce firms like Alibaba, Amazon, Etsy, etc. had towered success in short span of time by adopting the Marketplace prototype.
What is actually a Marketplace?
Marketplace is an expansive store that enables diverse merchants to sell products on a common platform. Primary benefits associated with a Marketplace are listed below:
- Small merchants find it easy to sell their products in a marketplace.
- Merchants can upload their products as Simple, Virtual and Downloadable.
- A multi vendor marketplace lures shoppers as it has a vast collection of products.
- Sale conversion rate in a marketplace is comparatively higher than that of an online store.
Which is the best platform for setting up a Multi Vendor Marketplace Website?
There are many platforms available to build an online Marketplace. Some of the popular ones are listed here.
It is an open source platform and is easy to customize. Users can download this for free. It is a very secure platform for financial transactions as it is built with the latest security technology.
It is an online store management system. It is built using PHP, HTML and MySQL. It supports multiple languages and currencies. Highlight about Zencart is that it is easy to edit products.
An open source solution built on PHP. VirtueMart can house unlimited products and allows sale of downloadable products. It supports innumerable languages and currencies.
Stats suggest that over 25,000 online stores use shopify. It provides an exquisite template that improves the visibility quotient. Also the built in SEO feature is an asset for marketing.
Magento is considered the best considering the quick scalability, high-end security and user-friendliness that it renders for customers and admins alike.Magento is an open-source eCommerce platform with powerful features for content management and Business Intelligence. Magento muscles millions of fashion, automotive, food and beverage, retail and several other online stores across the world.
Primary Benefits of using Magento
- Easy to Customize as Magento is an open source code.
- Can accommodate any number of products as it is spacious.
- Offers an array of extensions that boosts the sales and attracts customers.
- Responsive and hence it is compatible with portable devices.
- Supports multiple payment gateways and also ensures a secure transaction.
- SEO friendliness improves the page ranking
What makes Magento a preferred choice
What makes Magen
In fact ecommerce giant eBay acquired Magento for a sum more than $180 Million. Ebay so far has a tally of 2300000 sellers and 15000000 active buyers.
Is Marketplace a cake walk to success? Certainly not. There are some hurdles, which every Marketplace owner has to grapple with. Let us see what they are
Presenting products appealingly: As a marketplace houses products from diverse sellers, categorizing and presenting them to the customers in an appealing manner is an arduous task.
Maintaining customer’s goodwill: Selling ‘out of stock’ products, getting bad reviews and ratings, postponing the product delivery, etc brings disrepute to the Marketplace.
Calculating commissions: The marketplace owner is entitled to commission from the store owner after every successful transaction. To make sure he doesn’t miss it, he needs to employ a team to do the calculations. This consumes his time and money.
Wait, Building a marketplace similar to Amazon for $999! Did I hear it right?
Yes. With an objective of providing ecommerce aspirers a convenient medium to create a marketplace, our experts have come up with a ready made script named Apptha Marketplace.
Built for accelerating a multi-vendor store build, this script has loads of functional capabilities and add-ons that can help you market and manage effectively.
Here we have listed some key features that guarantee a good value for your money
- AWS Cloud Services are provided for Free.
- Products can be presented aesthetically by categorizing them.
- ‘Latest Arrivals’ & ‘Popular Brands’ are displayed in the main page to woo the shoppers.
- Products, their ratings and reviews can be posted only after getting approval from the marketplace owner.
- This marketplace script is 100% customizable and responsive.
- Admin can view the transaction history of vendors from Admin Panel.
- Vendors can view the sales report, most viewed product, etc. from their dashboard.
- Admin can view the product details and vendor’s sales account from the dashboard.
- If the seller goes on a vacation then they can disable products using the Seller Vacation Mode.
- Vendors can share their product information on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
All these come for just $999. But wait. We have something more on store for you.
Apart from getting to create a marketplace website for just $999, you also get 3 free extensions.
What else is on offer apart from the free Add-Ons?
You’ve still got more free stuff to enjoy.
Apptha Marketplace Script provides 2 free themes namely Marketplace Pro and Marketplace Blaze.
Marketplace Pro is for those who prefer a setup like multivendor giant FlipKart. Marketplace Blaze holds a fresh design and comes with 5 color options.
Benefits don’t stop here, pay further & get more.
If you are willing to pay more, you will get other valuable extensions like PayPal adaptive payment, which saves the Admin’s precious time and money by calculating the commissions after every successful transaction.
So why do you want to wait?