Let us come straight to the point – Are you looking for a Vimeo alternative, then you have landed on the right page. This blog will offer you all of the information you need to choose the best OTT platform provider for your video streaming business. Stick to the blog till the end to find the best OTT platform according to your business needs.
What is Vimeo OTT?
Vimeo OTT is a streaming service platform that enables content owners to build a video subscription channel. From video hosting to video organization and dissemination, Vimeo OTT has assisted numerous content providers, mostly in the B2C sector, to upload and embed their content.
Additionally, Vimeo OTT allows you to apply various customizations. With Vimeo OTT, you will be able to personalize the app, website, and checkout page. Also, you can see your subscriber growth in real time.
Vimeo OTT works by allowing users to access your videos through subscriptions. Customers can pay a monthly or yearly charge for unrestricted access to your branded video content, or they can purchase or rent your content.
When it comes to Vimeo OTT pricing, you can set a purchase price, a rental price, or both when you upload and show your video content. One can say that Vimeo OTT is a premium offering for businesses wishing to expand their audiences and reach more prospective customers.
Some of the Most Notable Features of Vimeo OTT
- A world-class video player and CDNs (Content Delivery Networks) to offer high-quality video streaming experience to the end user.
- A video CMS (Content Management System) that allows you to upload, organize, and encode videos.
- Vimeo monetization options that include in-app purchases or subscriptions.
- Branded applications for clients.
- One can expect no downtime when moving content and databases.
- Stream live content to the audience, including event-based live streaming.
Vimeo OTT Advantages & Disadvantages
Advantages of Vimeo OTT
- Vimeo OTT provides various professional-grade features for broadcasters searching for an OTT video subscription service.
- The platform features include Vimeo monetization, high-volume storage capacity, account management, and premium support.
- Advanced video analytics with access to statistics based on the plan chosen.
Disadvantages of Vimeo OTT
- The platform employs an internal Content Delivery Network (CDN) rather than a more robust and dependable professional CDN.
- Vimeo does not provide customer service around the clock.
- DRM on video content is still a paid feature.
- Paywall transactions incur additional costs, while overseas transactions incur an additional 2% conversion fee.
- Few customization options with limited revenue models.
After knowing some of the drawbacks of Vimeo OTT, one may conclude that this video streaming platform may not provide the best value for the money. That’s where Vimeo OTT alternatives come into the picture, other alternatives to Vimeo provide access to some of the most important functionality at a significantly lower cost. However, do check the next immediate section to know more about Vimeo OTT pricing.
Vimeo OTT Pricing
The platform hosts on demand and live streams on both the original Vimeo and the Livestream platforms. Regular Vimeo pricing plans are best suited for broadcasters that have few requirements in terms of features, storage, and bandwidth, whereas Livestream plans are far more comprehensive and best suited for broadcasters with more live streaming requirements for their business.
As previously stated, Vimeo’s OTT solution is priced independently of the usual Vimeo packages. These options offer everything you need to get started with your web-based OTT channel and expand your OTT business online.
As a whole, there are three plans to choose from: Starter, Growth, and Enterprise.
Starter Plan – $1 per month for a subscriber.
Growth Plan – Starts at $500/month.
Enterprise Plan – Contact the support team to know more about Vimeo OTT pricing.
For a detailed list of features available with each plan, we recommend visiting the Vimeo OTT pricing page. However, streaming solutions are not always a “one-size-fits-all.” If the pricing or features of Vimeo OTT do not make sense for your online video streaming needs, it’s a good idea to look for Vimeo OTT alternatives that are present in the market at an affordable price. So, without further ado, let’s emphasize on finding the best Vimeo alternative for business needs.
Top 10 Best Alternatives For Vimeo OTT
When we look at Vimeo OTT alternatives, there are plenty of reliable OTT platforms available in the market. The following are the top 10 alternatives to Vimeo OTT in terms of superiority, user experience, and cost-effectiveness. Check over the entire section to make an informed decision for your next online video streaming business.
Alternative #1 – CONTUS VPlayed
CONTUS VPlayed is defined as an end-to-end video streaming solution for developing an OTT platform with 100% customization based on the demands of the business. The OTT solutions are used for eLearning, entertainment, fitness, sports, and religious purposes. They provide a variety of discrete video on demand solutions that are supported by cutting-edge streaming technologies such as microservice architecture. In fact, CONTUS VPlayed allows you to completely create your own platform with top notch OTT revenue models.
VPlayed lets content owners to rapidly and easily create their own online video streaming platform. They provide ready-made plugins for WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, and other CMS platforms, allowing business owners to incorporate the VPlayed player into their existing website. Also, CONTUS VPlayed facilitates an excellent user interface that works flawlessly on any operating system, including Windows and Linux.
Key Features Of Contus VPlayed Video Streaming Platform Includes:
- A robust CMS for bulk uploading and organizing content.
- 6+ video monetization models to boost the ROI of any online video streaming business.
- On-premises or on-cloud hosting.
- 100% customization of apps and websites for effective branding.
- Intelligent cloud transcoding with variable bitrates.
- Real-time analytics to evaluate and review your plan.
Alternative #2 – Muvi
Muvi is an all-in-one OTT platform that offers both VOD and live streaming options. It is an end-to-end cloud video platform with advanced capabilities such as cloud encoding, low latency streaming, top-tier delivery, video security, and multi-device playback. Its built-in video monetization options are an attraction for content owners, who are looking to monetize their content through a variety of monetization models like PPV, SVOD, AVOD, crowdfunding, etc.
Here, video owners can easily build their own video hosting website or app while having full control over the content. What distinguishes Muvi as a Vimeo OTT competitor is its ability to permit audio content; Muvi allows you to construct something similar to a branded Spotify. You can host and distribute music, podcasts, radio broadcasts, and other forms of multimedia that will create an edge over your competitors.
Key Features Of Muvi Video Streaming Platform Includes:
- A fully customizable website with plug-and-play templates.
- Stream to any device, including Smart TVs.
- Integration with the most common payment gateways.
- Track content performance and viewing metrics.
- Create and manage your own broadcast radio channel.
- Advanced HTML5 video player for adaptive bitrate video playbacks.
Alternative #3 – Dacast
Dacast is a simple, yet versatile solution backed by an exceptional technical team. It is an all-in-one white-label video streaming platform that gives content owners and broadcasters complete control over their content. Dacast provides professional tools and utilities via cloud computing. Some of Dacast’s protective features include password systems, paywall integration, and encryption OTT technology. However, some functions are only available to premium clients.
Dacast uses HTML5 video streaming to allow video to be broadcasted directly from the website. Here, the online video content can be seen on a variety of devices, as the streaming process is more streamlined and improved for both users and broadcasters. Aside from that, the platform offers real-time statistics for its paid customers. All of this is made possible because of its reliable analytics dashboard, which allows for easy monitoring and understanding of the audience’s intentions.
Key Features Of Dacast Video Streaming Platform Includes:
- Subscriptions include live streaming and video on demand.
- Secure global content delivery, including industry-leading video hosting.
- Control over white label and branding.
- SDK for iOS and Android player integration.
- Pay-per-view monetization methods for SVOD, AVOD, and TVOD.
- Password protection for security reasons.
Alternative #4 – Kaltura
Kaltura is a popular choice for firms who wish to use video for internal communications, staff training, and marketing. It is an enterprise-OTT solution that is similar to and a viable alternative to Vimeo. Kaltura is notable for being an open-source platform. A community of developers and programmers contribute a lot in making the platform rich in features and usefulness. Kaltura provides content owners with a large CMS library as well as an exceptional monetization suite that includes SVOD, TVOD, ad stichting, and so on.
Kaltura can be used to host webinars, company town halls, virtual classes, and much more, implying its OTT solution is an essential component of its offering. Kaltura also provides its Cloud TV service, which enables broadcasters and media firms to provide customized TV experiences for their clients. Apart from this, virtual meetings, live webinars, interactive town halls, and other methods can help transform precious assets into recurring money.
Key Features Of Kaltura Video Streaming Platform Includes:
- Advanced broadcasting features.
- ABR and multi-bitrate streaming.
- Crystal-clear streaming experiences with carrier-grade video transcoding.
- Integrations for video monetization.
- Tools for privacy and security.
- API access for total customization.
- AI-powered tools that can help enhance entire video marketing tactics.
Alternative #5 – Zype
Zype comes with enterprise worthy features like DRM security, multi-region configuration, multilingual support, and extended font support. These features help content owners securely deliver unique app experiences on a global scale. The creator’s tools help business owners quickly design and launch feature-rich mobile apps for Android/iOS. The platform is built with sophisticated security and analytics features to ensure that content is protected and analyzed to get a better return on investment.
Zype’s cross device streaming analytics provide a comprehensive view of streaming metrics that can assist content owners in creating smarter content and distribution workflows. The technical staff of Zype help manage app publishing operations, covering app store submissions and crucial OS updates. Apart from that, Zype provides flexible video monetization models like SVOD, TVOD, AVOD, and various hybrid approaches to the business owners.
Key Features Of Zype Video Streaming Platform Includes:
- Feature rich smart tv app templates.
- A safe and secure content management system.
- Reliable content delivery network with multi-CDN support.
- Easy to use customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Flexible monetization models.
- Third-party integrations for seamless transaction experience.
Alternative #6 – Uscreen
Uscreen joins the list as an alternative to Vimeo OTT because it provides both live video streaming and OTT functionality. Uscreen is designed for scalability and expansion, allowing you to create and publish your own branded website as well as video streaming OTT apps on mobile devices and TVs. You can use it to create your own video hosting app without any coding knowledge.
Uscreen also includes powerful marketing and retention features, allowing creators, businesses, and brands to develop their online video streaming business while also retaining customers to some extent. Some of the platform’s monetization models include SVOD, TVOD, Pay per view, and multi-tiered subscriptions. The company assists content owners in a great way, making it one of the most trustworthy platforms out there.
Key Features Of Uscreen Video Streaming Platform Includes:
- Countdowns to your live stream (excitement purpose).
- Live streaming with live chat functionality.
- Automatic live streaming recording, so that anyone who missed the live stream can listen to it at any time.
- Powered by leading global Content Delivery Networks (CDN).
- A downloadable CSV file of all participants who registered, making it simple to send a follow-up email.
- Fully capable of broadcasting live feeds to any device.
- Utilize a pay-per-view paywall to monetize your live feeds.
Alternative #7 – IBM Video Cloud
IBM Watson’s cloud-based solution enables enterprise-level firms to create their own OTT services for hosting a variety of content, including corporate films. One can use it for transcoding, analytics, speech-to-text automation, video hosting, and much more. The platform provides extensive video monetization possibilities, including the ability to charge viewers via subscription, pay-per-view, or ad-supported revenue models.
IBM Watson also provides unique customization options that help it stand as a strong Vimeo OTT competitor. The platform features a global network of CDNs that ensures your audience view the content with the highest quality playback, regardless of the device they are currently using. Considered an end-to-end solution for both live and on-demand content, IBM video cloud allows users to connect in all sorts of situations, ranging from employee communications to academic virtual conferences.
Key Features Of IBM Video Cloud Video Streaming Platform Includes:
- The IBM video cloud platform allows content owners to host videos, encode, and share them across numerous platforms.
- Content streaming with no bitrate limit.
- Chat with viewers during live streams (if you’re not using it for VOD purposes).
- Schedule videos to play at the appropriate times.
- Take advantage of DRM support.
- Streamlined workflows help you manage metadata more efficiently.
Alternative #8 – Brightcove
This OTT platform offers an excellent business plan that blends video hosting with marketing and guarantees higher revenue in the long run. In fact, Brightcove is popular among media firms and corporations due to the above mentioned reasons. However, this platform is designed for organizations with large expenditures, thus not suitable for small scale businesses where budget is a limitation.
When it comes to Brightcove, content owners can choose from a variety of tools such as video cloud, video marketing suite, enterprise suite, and many others to help them reach their target audience in a more interactive way. Some of its offerings include start-to-end consultation, various video monetization strategies, and design services. These features include a focus on marketing, analytics, viewership, advertisements, and other aspects of video content delivery.
Key Features Of Brightcove Video Streaming Platform Includes:
- Deep analytical actionable insights to convert views into paying customers.
- Offer any type of ads through ad blockers on the server side.
- Deliver live or on-demand HQ content while setting high video standards.
- Focus on advanced video security.
- Internal tools for enterprise use.
- Professional integrations (MAP, CRMs, and more).
Alternative #9 – Wowza
Wowza is a versatile video streaming solution that is adaptable as well as dependable. It claims to offer a “customer-centric” streaming experience that puts the broadcaster in command. Wowza has a key advantage that allows users to establish highly configurable streaming settings to fulfill their specific streaming goals. Wowza provides video on demand and live streaming solutions for a variety of industries, including retail, media and entertainment, healthcare, government, commercial software, and others.
Wowza’s SOC-2 certified OTT technology enables companies to go beyond traditional cable. Content owners will be able to offer interactive sessions in video apps, which is great to generate more sales. Apart from this, the platform offers excellent customer service for all the video streaming needs. With that being said, let’s see what features Wowza holds for the business owners who need to establish their business in the online video streaming marketplace.
Key Features Of Wowza Video Streaming Platform Includes:
- Live encoding to remotely monitor the video production.
- Stream customization with a robust API and SDKS.
- 360 degree streaming and VR.
- Transcoding video in the cloud.
- Support for Live streaming and VOD hosting.
- API access for customizing the HTML5 video player.
Alternative #10 – JW Player
JW Player is a Vimeo OTT alternative that offers options that suit the budget of any enterprise (small, medium, large organization). When it comes to viewers, they can enjoy a consistent experience by using the platform’s website, mobile apps, or smart TVs. The video streaming technology used by this platform is based on code from the original YouTube video player.
JW Player began as a robust video player and has since evolved into a full-service video streaming solution based on several popular OTT technologies. In fact, the video hosting services of JW player are pretty much compatible with the majority of OTT platforms. Above all, the fine-tuned feature of this OTT platform helps deliver relevant content to the end-users.
Key Features Of JW Player Video Streaming Platform Includes:
- Global content delivery.
- API access for customization.
- Video monetization (AVOD).
- MBR and ABR streaming.
- Minimal tech support.
- Powerful video player.
- Clean user-interface.
Given the size of the online video streaming business and its quick evolution, now is the time to get involved in this ever-growing trend and establish a stunning OTT platform and monetize it according to your business strategy.
If you are a content owner looking to build your own white label video streaming platform, then taking the help of CONTUS VPlayed will allow you to leverage on opportunities and prospects to directly reach out to a global audience.
CONTUS VPlayed with its intelligent cloud transcoding act as the strongest Vimeo competitor and Vimeo OTT alternative. The platform enables you to own the OTT streaming channel with total content ownership and the freedom to choose the best monetization model that can cater to all of your business needs.
If you already have an idea for an OTT service, schedule a free demo and we’ll work with you to make it a reality!