In today’s digital world, video streaming has become a significant means of entertainment and engagement. With user penetration predicted to reach more than 16.9% by 2024, streaming platform providers are positioning themselves to capitalize on rising market share. However, before comparing the multiple video streaming platforms on the market, keep your business goals at top priority. In essence, select the platform that will give the greatest value to your organization.
Brightcove has been in the video streaming business for quite some time. It is a feature-rich platform that assists broadcasters in bringing their web streams to life. However, this platform is mainly designed for corporate offices with large expenditures and is not meant for small businesses or startups who are eager to enter the online video streaming business. Fortunately, there are other dependable Brightcove alternatives on the market that provide excellent functionality and a strong emphasis on content management.
What is Brightcove?
Brightcove is a cloud-based online video platform that focuses on offering video-related services to assist businesses in growing their audience base. Brightcove’s live streaming service provides real-time broadcasts, VOD hosting with integrated marketing solutions, and entertainment content accessible via desktop and mobile devices. Aside from that, the OTT platform delivers segmental information to the content owners.
Brightcove offers industry-leading content privacy features such as multi-platform DRM, proxy limits, geo-restriction, and SSO login. They also provide midstream rights checks and license management to protect online video content. The tool helps broadcasters make their internet-based streams live. However, when it comes to budgeting, the Brightcove OTT platform may or may not be a feasible option. So, looking for Brightcove competitors could really help your business achieve skyrocket revenues.
Brightcove – Pros:
- Adaptive bitrate switching of professional caliber.
- Rest APIs are based on tokens.
- Customer support is available around the clock through various media channels.
- Effective audience participation.
- Advanced activity monitoring.
- Intuitive design interface for specific use cases.
Brightcove – Cons:
As an OTT video provider or live video streaming service, Brightcove has a large customer base. However, their other offerings like video hub, video customizations, and interactivity are all offered as ‘add-ons,’ which are actually standard in most other OTT platforms. Some of the other cons are given below:
- Their pricing model is not disclosed upfront, and they charge an additional fee for 24*7 assistance.
- A few customers have also stated, “The customizing portions of the video players involve learning a special language and do not provide a GUI for player creation.”
- The platform does not have functionality like screen recording or video making. This is a significant disadvantage for anyone who is just getting started and needs a comprehensive video solution.
- Another significant roadblock is Brightcove’s focus on enterprise publishers and content creators. For someone who is just starting, it can be a good idea to look for Brightcove competitors that offer more features.
Brightcove – Pricing Details:
Brightcove lacks explicit upfront pricing (price is not displayed on the site), and many believe it is overpriced for what it offers (pricing starts at $199/month, – according to third-party review sites). However, for your information, Brightcove offers multiple pricing levels based on the content owner’s needs.
As there is no pricing information on the Brightcove website, you need to contact the Brightcove sales staff directly for getting the relevant information. The good news is that they have posted a plethora of details on how their streaming packages work.
Top 6 Best Brightcove Alternatives For Video Streaming
By now, you would have learned more about the Brightcove OTT platform, but comparing it to other platforms might help you make an informed decision. This is due to the fact that Brightcove is not compatible with every OTT business model. So, without further ado, proceed to the next immediate section.
If you are a business owner looking for a Brightcove alternative, the information in the following sections will substantially assist you in selecting the appropriate platform. Do check out the feature list of each OTT streaming platform before coming to a conclusion.
The Most Powerful White Label OTT Platform
CONTUS VPlayed offers a wide range of services, including audio streaming, video streaming, and live streaming, as well as options for managing, marketing, and monetizing content. The fully customizable player provides the way for a rich viewing experience on Android, iOS, and Smart TVs. One of the dazzling highlights is the multi-screen functionality, which eliminates the need for OTT apps to worry about compatibility concerns with different screen sizes and resolutions.
The OTT app includes a unified dashboard that works with any device to simplify all video files and libraries. Uploading, scheduling, publishing, sharing, and managing playlists & user profiles are all handled by a dependable and go-to content management system. The platform offers a real-time analytics dashboard that is up and running to evaluate user trends, gauge traffic, and collect device data with the highest precision. For this very reason, businesses prefer the CONTUS VPlayed OTT platform as their one stop solution.
Some of the standout features of the CONTUS VPlayed are as follows:
- Access to very profitable monetization models for achieving higher ROI.
- Efficient video CMS dashboard.
- A comprehensive analytics dashboard for tracking user behavior.
- Simulcast is used to stream content to several devices.
- Seamless integration with multiple network devices.
- The platform is capable of delivering Buffer-free streaming.
Unparalleled OTT Platform
Kaltura is a video streaming platform for businesses that allows content owners to create their own branded video streaming services. By offering a high-quality instructional video streaming platform, Kaltura distinguishes itself from other OTT platform providers. In addition to that, the company has created a platform for media brands who want to offer online video streaming solutions at a cost comparable to Brightcove’s pricing.
The platform provides both live and on-demand video solutions for interaction, training, communication, promotion, and sales. Kaltura also provides digital rights management (DRM) functionality for online video content protection. If you are a business owner wishing to stream lectures and classes to students, you can use Kaltura as an alternative to Brightcove. Above all, Kaltura’s robust analytics capabilities for video on demand and live streaming enable business owners to track video progress in real time.
Some of the standout features of the Kaltura are as follows:
- Fully flexible and interoperable with a diverse set of third-party services.
- Architecture built on open APIs that allows for customization and flexibility.
- Interactive video creation, sharing, and embedding tools.
- Capable of screen capture as well as multi-stream recording.
- Support for live quizzes, breakout rooms, polls, collaborative whiteboards, note-taking, and much more.
- Granular analytics, including user-level heatmaps, engagement insights, comparative analysis, and support for xAPI & caliper analytics.
3. IBM Cloud
OTT Video Solution for Digital-Only Businesses
IBM cloud is a streaming medium and video hosting service for enterprises. The platform controls, measures, and monetizes your videos while also broadcasting them across many platforms. It offers cloud streaming and video services, as well as storage and GPU computation. IBM Cloud Video makes it simple to engage viewers during live events by creating chat rooms where users may converse. While compared with Brightcove, IBM cloud does integrate with Chatroll for similar purposes, however, a separate subscription is required.
Apart from this, IBM Watson Media delivers video hosting, live streaming, transcoding, speech-to-text automation, and other advanced analytics. IBM Watson Media’s machine learning skills can help you increase viewer engagement. It also tracks video performance and makes data-driven decisions by monitoring real-time metrics. IBM Cloud Video pricing is straightforward and starts at half the cost of Brightcove. Above all, IBM Cloud Video options include not only chat support but also phone support – you can call a real person even during your free trial.
Some of the standout features of the IBM Cloud are as follows:
- Integration of ads for video monetization.
- VOD streaming is offered in two modes: live and on-demand.
- Closed captioning and automated media publishing.
- Video analytics in real time.
- No restrictions on resolution or bitrate.
- Delivery over multiple CDNs for reliability and scalability.
Popular On-Demand Video Platform
Dacast is a video streaming service that provides both live and on-demand viewing on all plans. To ensure consistent distribution to any device, the platform employs an HTML5 video player and collaborates with top-tier content delivery networks. This also makes it easier for broadcasters to reach worldwide audiences. Dacast, like many other Brightcove alternatives, has extensive capabilities that broadcasters require for their operations.
Dacast is a self-service, fully integrated live and on-demand streaming platform. It enables broadcasters to begin streaming in minutes and monetize their video content as a new revenue source. Dacast offers a variety of professional tools and services using cloud computing. To reach global audiences, it makes use of the Akamai content delivery network. Apart from that, Dacast’s video analytics provide feedback on each video, allowing the overall online video streaming strategy to be improved.
Some of the standout features of the Dacast are as follows:
- A high-performance CDN for secure online video streaming.
- A global content delivery network.
- Feature the best HTML5 video players.
- Support for mobile devices.
- Simple setup and excellent backend assistance.
- There is no restriction to the number of concurrent viewers or live channels.
Complete Streaming Solution
Uscreen is designed to be a one-stop solution for video content distribution with an all-in-one video monetization platform. They provide a secure online environment for video creators and entrepreneurs to publish, save, and organize their film or media assets. Uscreen’s capabilities aid in redefining the method to monetize on-demand or live streaming media services at the highest level.
We may say this because it makes it easier to generate and monitor videos. It will also provide you with a great deal of control over your videos. Furthermore, a barrier to their content is constructed with the help of a secure integrated billing and payment system. Above all, the Uscreen OTT platform supports adding subtitles and distributing them on social media networks, allowing for more personalization.
Some of the standout features of the Uscreen are as follows:
- Delivers a white label app for advertising and streaming content.
- keep 100% of your revenue with no revenue sharing through subscriptions.
- Live broadcasting capability for online events is included.
- Push alerts to keep users engaged inside the platform.
- Privacy measures to limit subscriber access.
- Designed in a way that the platform has ease of navigation.
6. JW Player
All-in-One Video Solution
JW Player is one of the most robust and adaptable video players for publishers and advertisers. It can be used to upload videos, run video ads, and broadcast web content. The platform enables a consistent viewing experience across all devices. Indeed, users can personalize their experience by creating their own video-page interactions, modifying video quality between HD quality and standard definition, accessing and adding multi-language support, and more.
JW Player’s HTML5 video player delivers a compelling video experience on any device. The platform assists companies to stream video content and to those who are likely to rely on online video streaming. JW Player also supports video playback and advertising on Chromecast-enabled devices, as well as multi-screen VAST-compliant advertising, allowing the end user to customize their overall experience.
Some of the standout features of the JW Player are as follows:
- A complete video management console is provided.
- APIs for delivery and administration.
- Advanced video intelligence to boost audience engagement.
- Adaptive streaming depends on the situation.
- HTML5 video player allows for worry-free streaming.
- Dedicated dashboard for video CMS.
The online video streaming industry is flooded with choices, and filtering the best OTT platform can be a challenging task. However, before you begin selecting a platform, take a step back and make sure you know what your goals and priorities are. This will allow you to generate your list of shortlisted OTT platforms and choose the one that suits you the best & fulfills all your business requirements.
Also, it might be a great idea to consider OTT platform providers like CONTUS VPlayed that not only offers industry standard features, but also a plethora of other features for hosting, creating, editing, managing, and monetizing your videos.
If you are ready to raise your revenue to multifold and want to experience the platform, book your free trial session here and the technical team will assist you in creating your way to success! Wait a minute. Do you have any questions or comments regarding Brightcove alternatives or its competitors? Please leave a comment; we’d love to hear from you!