Over-the-top (OTT) media services have most likely increased the internet’s popularity. People are more eager to find the best OTT platform that meets all of their needs and requirements.
According to various reports, the overall revenue of the top OTT platform providers is expected to grow at an 11.60% annual rate (CAGR 2022-2027), resulting in a market volume of US$476.60 billion by 2027.
Furthermore, user penetration is expected to reach 42.9% in 2022 and 53.0% by 2027.
“The streaming market is ripe for technologies and innovations that improve how content owners, video platforms, and advertisers engage with customers — and capture customer loyalty” – Dave Zilberman
Do you require the best OTT solution to launch your OTT platform? Worry not, as in this article, we conducted extensive research and reviewed the top 9 best OTT streaming platforms that can meet all of your business needs.
As stated above, what’s the point of running a business if you can’t get new customers or increase your existing revenue?
Do you have any plans to launch an OTT service?
What Is An OTT Platform?
OTT stands for Over-the-Top. This handy term describes the new method of delivering film and television content over the internet, without the need for traditional broadcast, cable, or satellite pay-tv providers. In simple terms, any online content provider that offers streaming media as a standalone product is considered an “over-the-top” media service.
The term is commonly used to refer to video-on-demand platforms, but it also includes audio streaming, messaging services, and internet-based voice calling solutions. Traditional media distribution channels, such as telecommunications networks or cable television providers, are bypassed by OTT services. You can access the entire service whenever you want as long as you have an internet connection — either locally or through a mobile network.
Apart from this, OTT services are typically monetized through paid subscriptions, but there are exceptions here and there. Some of the top OTT platforms are customized in a way to offer in-app purchases or advertising. Isn’t that interesting?
Now that we’ve defined “OTT,” there are numerous OTT platforms that offer OTT media services, including Netflix, Disney +, Amazon Prime Video, and many more.
Some Noteworthy Features of OTT Platforms Include:
- Powerful Video API.
- High-performance media player.
- Continuous multi-device experience.
- Detailed reports & analytics in real-time.
- Multiple payment gateways.
- DRM & Security.
- Advanced Content Management System.
- Support for audio/video/live streaming.
- Various customizable options.
Looking at the rate of OTT video consumption within the top platforms, it is anticipated that media revenues will increase and reach over 210 billion US dollars by the year 2026 – Statista
Comparison Of The Top 11 Best OTT Platforms
Finding the best OTT platform can be difficult at times, especially with so many options to choose from. That’s the reason why we have broken down 9 of the most popular OTT streaming platforms so that you can get a good idea of what they’re like, what they are offering, and how much they cost.
1 – VPlayed
The Most Effective OTT White Label Platform
Contus VPlayed is a leading white label OTT platform that you can use to launch your own Over-The-Top-based app platform on any medium (Web, Android, iOS, Smart TV). Contus VPlayed can be an ideal solution for content owners, media & broadcasters, educators, fitness enthusiasts, filmmakers, religious leaders, and many others who belong to the online streaming industry.
That’s the reason why many of the business owners see it as an ideal single point of contact if they want to take their original content to the next level by expanding their consumer base globally. Additionally, the Contus VPlayed OTT video platform offers various customization features, 6+ revenue models, cloud transcoding, hosting, CMS, platform ownership, and more. In simple words, Contus VPlayed is an excellent OTT platform to start a serious video business at a nominal cost.
Some Of The Features Of The VPlayed OTT Platform Include:
- Fully customizable OTT solution.
- A powerful video player that uses adaptive bitrate technology.
- Cloud transcoding with variable bitrate capability.
- Utilizes insightful Analytics solutions to track audience data.
- SSL encryption and MultiDRM support for advanced streaming security.
- SVOD, TVOD, AVOD, Catch Up TV, and other monetization models.
To get started, contact Vplayed, the leading OTT video platform, for a perfect product demo and get in touch with the sales team to capture the best deal ever.
Please keep in mind that all plans are subject to the customization and features required by niche business models.
For quote-based plans, fill out this inquiry form, You may also opt for Free Demo Here.
2 – Kaltura
Unparallel OTT Platform
Kaltura provides live and on-demand video SaaS solutions to promote collaboration, training, communication, marketing, and sales. It provides a variety of video communication tools, such as meetings, virtual classrooms, webinars, town halls, podcasts, and pitch video messaging. You can also host virtual meetings with any number of participants.
Kaltura’s advanced analytics tools for VoD and live streaming allow you to track the performance of your videos in real time. Furthermore, it comes with a cloud platform ready for TV shows, allowing you to meet all of your video-streaming needs.
Some Of The Features Of The Kaltura OTT Platform Include:
- It provides live TV as well as a highly personalized on-demand user experience.
- Fully modular and integrates with a variety of third-party services.
- You can use its interactive tools to create, share, and embed personalized videos.
- Capable of doing a screen capture and multi-stream recording synchronized with PowerPoint presentations.
- The ‘Townhall feature’ generates interactive webcasts that are more engaging.
- The platform provides live quizzes, breakout rooms, polls, collaborative whiteboards, and note-taking to keep participants engaged.
Whether you are a startup or an enterprise, Kaltura offers a free 30-day trial. Get in touch with Kaltura to know more about their pricing models.
3 – IBM Watson Media
OTT Video Solution For Digital-First Companies
IBM Watson Media manages, measures, and monetizes your videos while also streaming them across multiple platforms. It provides a variety of cloud streaming and video services, as well as storage and GPU computing.
Apart from this, IBM Watson Media provides video on demand hosting, live streaming, transcoding, speech-to-text automation, and other powerful analytics. The machine learning capabilities of IBM Watson Media assist you in increasing viewer engagement. It also monitors real-time measurements in order to track video performance and make data-driven decisions.
Some Of The Features Of The IBM Watson Media OTT Platform Include:
- Ad-based (AVOD) and subscription-based (SVOD).
- VoD streaming is available in both live and on-demand modes.
- Closed captioning and automated video publishing.
- Multi-DRM and language support.
- No capping on resolution or bitrate.
- Simplified metadata compilation and video ingestion.
IBM Watson Media offers three pricing options:
- The silver plan costs $99 per month.
- The Gold plan costs $499 per month.
- The Platinum plan costs $999 per month.
You also get a 30-day free trial with full functionality.
4 – JW Player
A Comprehensive OTT Video Platform
JW Player is one of the most popular online video platforms for publishers and broadcasters. To a greater extent, the platform aids in the management, scaling, and monetization of different video strategies. The JW Player offers video hosting services that are compatible with the majority of OTT platforms.
The JW player is used by many OTT platforms for video hosting and live streaming. It also allows you to customize your OTT output by utilizing various tools from various providers. In fact, the JW Player is simple to integrate with an existing website or application.
Some Of The Features Of The JW Player OTT Platform Include:
- A complete video management console.
- VOD and live streaming capabilities are unrivaled in the industry.
- Recommendation engine for native SDKs
- Client-side ad insertion (CSAI)
- APIs for delivery and management
- Studio-approved DRM, geo-blocking, and URL token signing
- Starter pack – $10/month
- Enterprise – Please contact JW Player for exclusive pricing details.
5 – Dacast
Class Leading OTT Platform Providers
Dacast is a web-based OTT live streaming, video hosting, and VOD solution. It offers video tools that you can integrate with the existing website and mobile apps (they do not develop custom sites or apps).
Dacast works entirely on the SaaS (software as a service) model. That means you can quickly set up an account and begin working on the platform. Once inside, you will have access to high-quality live streaming via CDNs, an HTML 5 player that works across all devices, with some monetization options. In other words, you will have some solid building blocks for your video business that you can then combine with other SaaS tools or custom builds.
Some Of The Features Of The Dacast OTT Platform Include:
- Support for quick live streaming.
- Live stream recording and auto-archiving.
- A wide range of privacy and security tools are available.
- Effective video analytics.
- Mobile device support through an HTML5 video player.
- Integrations with APIs and SDKs.
The Starter Plan of Dacast’s live streaming pricing includes the following:
- $39/month for the Basic Plan (includes 1,000 GB of bandwidth & 50 GB of storage)
- $63/month for the Monthly plan (includes 6 TB of bandwidth upfront and 50 GB of storage)
- $188/month for the Scale Plan (includes 24 TB of bandwidth per year and 1 TB of storage)
Tired of using Dacast?
6 – Wowza
White label OTT Solution For Carriers
Wowza is a popular video solution for a variety of industries, including retail, media, entertainment, healthcare, government, commercial software, and others. It has its own CDNs for dependable content delivery around the globe.
The platform allows you to fine-tune the video format, delivery options, and video quality. In fact, you will have access to patented Wowza software designed specifically for flawless live streaming performance. The Extensible Modular Architecture makes sure that you can instantly scale the live streaming performance of your videos.
Some Of The Features Of The Wowza OTT Platform Include:
- Customization and brand control.
- Auto-archiving for on-demand viewing.
- Video content management that is simple to use
- Streaming support in ultra HD and 4k resolutions.
- Reliable video security.
- API integrations to add more features
- Pay as you go: $25 per month.
- Annual subscription: $130 per month for 300 streaming hours, 10,000 viewing hours, and 150 GB of storage.
- $149 for one-month subscription.
- Enterprise Plan: Individual pricing (custom).
7 – Vimeo OTT
Popular OTT Video Platform
Vimeo’s OTT platform allows you to create your own user-friendly OTT service without dealing with any third-parties or external engineers. Its analytics dashboard is particularly robust, but what attracts many businesses to Vimeo is its monetization options.
Some of its monetization options include subscription, transaction, or advertising-based models. Vimeo also assists you in the development and management of your branded content delivery app, as well as gives the flexibility to make in-app purchases.
Some Of The Features Of The Vimeo OTT Platform Include:
- Gain audience insight with shareable demographics and engagement charts.
- Protects the video content with DRM.
- One can make use of the internal server network to take advantage of global content delivery and adaptive bitrate streaming.
- Earn revenue by live streaming, selling subscriptions, and hosting pay-per-view events.
- Using Vimeo’s API, one can customize a video content management system.
- The platform also streams 1080p video live, and uploading videos is simple with the batch upload feature, which accesses content from cloud storage platforms.
- Starter Plan: $1 per subscriber.
- Growth Plan: $500 per month.
- Enterprise Plan: Quote-based.
Tired of using Vimeo OTT?
8 – Streann
Professional Streaming Using OTT Video Technology
Streann offers a “distinctive OTT” solution that assists broadcasters in creating a video streaming app that seamlessly distribute content to users on the go. Streann’s powerful and efficient software allows you to stream live broadcasts to multiple locations. Indeed, Streann’s software is on the more expensive side, so it is aimed at large corporations with complex broadcasting requirements.
Some Of The Features Of The Streann OTT Platform Include:
- Apps for smartphones and connected devices work pretty fine.
- Payment processing is effective and convenient.
- Effective design and development.
- Any type of audio file can be scheduled and published.
- Quality video management and delivery.
- More accurate analytics for optimized content.
- Professional: The starting price is $1,995 per month.
- Premium: Plans are tailored to TV-quality streaming and are priced separately.
9 – Brid Tv
OTT Video Delivery Solution
Brid. Tv provides a seamless and smooth platform for broadcasting content around the world. The platform is quite compatible with desktops, mobile devices, and tablets. BridTV, as a white-labeled player, lets you share content and live stream videos on the go.
The BridTV Analytics section provides access to device insights, user location, demographics, and engagement while watching a video. Additionally, you can view the Ad performance in a matter of a few clicks.
Some Of The Features Of The Brid.tv OTT Platform Include:
- DVR and live streaming.
- Individual user analytics, including bandwidth consumption.
- Videos from YouTube and other platforms can be imported directly.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) is being used for article matching.
- Various monetization options.
- Performance can be tracked across individual videos or entire playlists.
- There is a free version available.
- They offer free trials.
Brightcove is an established player in the streaming industry. It is an OTT platform that enables businesses to manage, distribute, and monetize their videos online.
With Brightcove, you can upload, encode, and deliver videos across various devices and platforms. The platform supports video analytics, customizable video players, live streaming/VOD, multiple monetization options, and integrations with other systems.
In addition, Brightcove supports Server-side ad insertion. So you can run targeted campaigns and overcome ad blockers.
The platform offers a user-friendly interface and a range of powerful tools that make video monetization seamless.
So, it’s no wonder the platform that a large number of enterprises trust the Brightcove OTT platform.
- Customizable video players for a branded OTT experience
- Advanced video analytics for insightful metrics
- Multiple monetization models for revenue generation
- Seamless live streaming capabilities for events
- Multi-device support for a wide audience reach
- Easy integrations with other systems
- Video SEO optimization for improved discoverability
Brightcove offers different pricing plans based on your requirements. The exact cost depends on features, storage, bandwidth, and video volume. To get accurate pricing, visit the Brightcove website or contact their sales team.
Zype is a cloud-based OTT streaming platform that caters to large video businesses and educational institutions. It provides an all-in-one streaming solution that can be customized using its flexible API-centric architecture.
Zype has business-friendly dashboards with smart workflows — powered by a full-stack infrastructure.
It lets you bring your own storage, encoding, video player, DAM/MAM, or CDN, as it acts as a central hub for your video infrastructure.
The Zype OTT platform is designed for critical streaming needs. In other words, it allows you to build fully functional streaming services with global availability.
You can also create apps, syndicate content, manage playouts, and use electronic program guides.
It supports various revenue streams like ads, subscriptions, and transactions, making it versatile for different business models.
- An OTT platform built for mission-critical streaming needs.
- Ability to create fully functional OTT streaming services.
- Global CDNs for broad reach
- Zype OTT platform supports video encoding features for safe video streaming.
- Zype supports video and metadata import.
- Provides tools for app development, content syndication, and playout management.
- Offers Electronic Program Guides (EPG) functionality.
- Powered by data — video and consumer-level analytics — for informed decision-making.
Zype offers three types of subscription plans — Network, Premium, and Enterprise with differing feature sets. However, the exact subscription cost is not disclosed on their website.
You can contact their sales team for the exact pricing of the Zype platform.
To summarize, broadcasters like you can now build profitable streaming platforms and deliver high-quality content while removing the barriers associated with traditional television. When OTT technology is combined with an HTML5 streaming video solution, the most approachable duo in the world of online streaming is formed. This pair will help you deliver your content in a very seamless manner.
Do you want to build your own OTT platform? VPlayed provides the tools you need to successfully host and deliver your OTT content. Above all, VPlayed uses an HTML5 video player to provide a pleasant and professional OTT broadcasting experience to the end user.