Nowadays, chat apps are in high demand and skyrocketing in the global market. Almost every business is shifting its communication mode to chat apps.
Chat apps have been established in multiple ways, such as in-app chat, live chat, chatbots, instant messaging apps, and so on.
If you are planning to build a chat app, your good-to-go option is React Native due to its multi-platform compatibility. Building a React native chat app helps you deploy it in both iOS and Android apps without the need for coding on separate platforms like Kotlin and Swift.
Further in this blog, let’s dive deep into knowing the prerequisites, usage, users, and hook functions of the React native chat app.
Prerequisites of Building a React Native Chat App
Before we get you through the process, you need to be sure you have the pre-planned requirements of React Native. Its simple to get it, All you need is
- MirrorFly account
- Basic understanding of React native
- A text editor (Ex: Visual studio, Sublime text, etc.)
- React native environmental setup such as iOS and Android
Along with these two, some more additional requirements are as follows:
- React native fundamentals
- Node.js and NPM
- Firebase backend server
- User authentication
- State management
These are some of the basics and necessary environmental setups you need before you start building a React native messaging app.
Why Use React Native to Build a Chat App?
Here is why you need to use React Native to build a chat app:
- Cross-platform compatibility: React Native allows you to build a messaging app with cross-platform functionalities. You can code once and deploy it on several platforms, like iOS and Android apps.
- Faster development: It gives you the freedom to develop apps on multiple platforms in a short span of time by increasing the speed of the development process with pre-built components, libraries, and plugins.
- Hot-Reloading: The hot-reloading features allow you to see any changes you make in the code reflected in the page or app in real-time. This helps you increase the speed of the deployment process with real-time updates.
- Large and rich community support: React Native has a rich source of open source libraries and plugins from its community members. You can easily add any third-party chat-related functionalities with the help of community.
- Customization: React Native provides you with rich set of pre-built UI components, yet it also allows you to create custom UI components to leverage the freedom of personalizing the chat app based on your wishes.
- Integration with native code: You can seamlessly integrate native code for any personalization or customization of additional or new features.
- Established chat libraries: React Native has established chat libraries and SDKs that can be easily integrated into your iOS and Android apps from providers like MirrorFly and ApphiTect.
- Cost-effective: Building a chat app with React Native is extremely cost-effective. You can develop App One and deploy it on multiple platforms, but if you develop native apps like Kotlin and Swift, you have to spend three times as much time and money.
- Third-party services: React native supports integration of any third-party services and APIs to involve features and functions such as topic-based chat, chat metadata, file sharing, etc.
These are some of the common and cool benefits of using react native for building a messaging app like WhatsApp, messenger, etc.
Who is Using React Native?
If the same question was raised in 2015 while Facebook developed React Native, then the answer might be how people use multi-platform languages like this by losing the native code advantage.
But now, the scenario and situation are upside down. Through constantly evolving nature and large community support, React Native has made its remarkable path in this world.
Here are some of the popular brands in the world that use React Native for in-app chat and other purposes.
- Wix and more
These are some of the popular apps around the world that make use of React Native chat SDKs and other various functionalities of React Native in their apps.
Why Choose React Native Chat SDKs from MirrorFly?
MirrorFly is the leading in-app chat, voice, and video API provider. They provide APIs and SDKs with multiple tech stacks that can be integrated into apps of any size in just 20 minutes. Their multi-platform chat SDKs are specially made using React Native.
MirrorFly provides more secure real-time messaging SDKs for enterprises and developers to bridge communication gaps in their organizations.
Moreover, their SDKs are compatible with privacy regulation laws and support integration with 100+ third-party applications.
They also provide video tutorials for integration support.
Special React Native In-app Messaging SDK Feature
- Topic-based chat
- Real-time One-to-one and group chat
- Push notifications
- Large file sharing
- Integration in < 20 minutes
- Lite chat app with integration in < 5 minutes
- Low-code SDKs
- Ultra-low latencies
- Third-party integration
- 99.999% uptime SLA
- End-to-end encryption
- Privacy regulation compatible with HIPAA, GDPR, and OWASP
Besides providing all these features, MirrorFly also offers their business in twin modules as SaaS and SaaP (Self-hosted)
React Native Chat SDK Features for MirrorFly SaaS
- Highly scalable
- Multi-tenenacy support
- On-cloud hosting
- Month-on-month subscription
React Native Chat SDK Features for MirrorFly Self-hosted Solution
- 100% customizable
- White-label solution with complete ownership on source codes
- On-premise/On-cloud hosting, Dedicated server hosting
- One-time license fee
Supporting platforms: iOS, Android, Web, and Desktop
Supporting Industries: Healthcare, Telecom, Transportation, Fitness & Wellness, Banking & Finance, Consultant Agencies, Astrology, Education, On-Demand Services, E-Commerce, Social & Dating, Matrimony, Online Pharmacies, Construction Apps, and More
Countries served: MirrorFly offers its splendid service all over the world, and the majority of its customer base is located in India, the USA, UK, UAE, Russia, Vietnam, China, Japan, Australia, the Netherlands, Ireland, and Singapore.
These are the reasons why you should choose the MirrorFly React native chat SDK for your apps to facilitate modern chat functionalities and features.
Thank you for investing your time and your idea for building a chat app using React native SDKs. I hope you have clarity on React native chat functionalities, real-time messaging features, usage, and which provider to choose.
If you are now looking to build a React native chat app on your own, then here is the code. If you still have any queries related to building the React Native Chat app, you can post them in the comments below or talk to an expert for real-time solutions.
And if you choose to go with MirrorFly, book a quick demo to check your app’s feasibility with the MirrorFly React native messaging SDKs. Good luck in your search. See you soon.
Adios, amigo, signing off!